d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Even though I have an Olympics post pending Fanfic Fridays come first.
I've mentioned Master of the Universe (MotU) before and I'm sure most of you ff diehards are already following this one. This story has over 40,000 reviews! It just updated again and sounds like it might be winding down. Like nearing the end of a book I'm feeling weepy and missing it already.

There are subtle clues that the author must be from the UK but I like her writing style. She definitely gives a lot of internal monologue to Bella and she really thinks the way of the everywoman.

Click banner below for Fanfiction.net link or here for twilighted.net

Click for fanfiction.net link


The story has just enough of a mysterious, gorgeous, billionaire (like has his own helicopters and yachts) Edward who has secrets that make him a bit mercurial to say the least. Bella can't help loving him but they have their ups and downs of course. He has a penchant for S&M; which I always like to see in a fanfic.

Another banner from twilighted.net


This story isn't just about the lemons. It has a nice plot and the character development, even for the supporting ones, is excellent. You really do care about what happens to them and there are still secrets to be discovered so close to the end.

Happy reading, it's on chapter 70 and worth every minute of it.

Almost finished another Olympics post. Stay tuned...

10 comments:

dangrdafne said...

Ahhh 50 Shades! I love him. That picture you have in your post is GORGEOUS of Bella and Edward (Kristen and Rob). I love this story. I hope that 17ForeverLisa is reading it :)!

17forverlisa said...

@dangrdafne - I have it on my iPod Touch, thanks to TC's awesomesauce instructions, and that's what I will be reading when I go on my son's spring training baseball trip. I can't wait to be able to say, "Ahhh 50 Shades! I love him," too :)

dangrdafne said...

Ok are you stalking me today?? LOL

SPRING TRAINING??? I hope that starts tomorrow! I can't wait for you to read it.

17forverlisa said...

Yes, I am stalking you. LOL!! We are going to Kentucky (again, weather permitting - as you know this weekend's Tennessee trip got cancellled) next weekend, and then we will be gone March 5-14 for the official spring training trip. We will travel through Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas. It would figure that now that I've found Mox and the rest of The Mafia over at Twilight SagaPalooza that he's not going to Arizona this year. His girlfriend's softball team is. Sucks!

musingbella said...

Gawd, I love 50 shades. I don't feel like it's winding down, though, so now I'm worried! I want it to keep going like the Energizer Bunny! I feel like there are still TONS of plot points to wrap up (which I won't ruin for those who haven't read it). So, all due respect, I hope you're wrong about it ending soon!
I believe the author *is* from the UK, but I like her little Europeanisms. And I love a strong Bella. Good fic rec! (And thanks again for help getting me up and running with my iTouch!) Happy weekending!
(~Erin)

twilightcupcake said...

Thanks Erin. I am pretty sure it is winding down but I absolutely hope that you are right. I would love for them to have 4 kids and a house with a dog if they could keep writing for a few more years. Just made a blog comment - I like your blog design too. Very peaceful :)

musingbella said...

OMG - 50 with some kids and a dog and a white picket fence is hilarity. :-D

Paper Bell said...

Goodness! I've been meaning to say THANK YOU TC for taking the time to post those extremely helpful directions for putting ff on one's mobile device. I only discovered ff recently, and you've enabled me to slide down the lemony slope into full-blown obsession! Ipod touch + Fifty Shades = reading sheepishly in all manner of inappropriate places. I'm truly grateful! :)

Alas, I too feel that MotU is winding down, though I'm pretty sure Icy is going to do justice to the characters and their narrative threads. Based on the pacing of the story to this point, which seems rather consistent, I don't think she will wrap it all up too soon. I'm trying to imagine how many chapters it would take to conclude things in a way that would feel "right." Perhaps the story is about 4/5 completed? Hmmm...That would leave something like 20(?!) more chapters. Okay, that DOES sound like wishful thinking!

twilightcupcake said...

Paper Bell - you are very welcome. Any time I can draw another person down into the world of fanfic I've done my job. Yes at least 20 more chapters of MotU would be wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I must find this master of the universe