d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Before I move on to the real post, for those of you who haven't seen the aerial pics of the Eclipse re-shoot in Vancouver from this week that were posted by Punk'D Images - see them here and here. Sigh that I did not get to see Rob in town today. Hope he got up to no good with Kristen :)

Moving on...

You know how we get random Twilight thoughts all through the day? Like when I saw this set of matches at my sisters place


Well, random Twilight strikes even when I submerge myself into a man's world.

I live in a house full of testosterone - Mr. TC and my two little boys decidedly make the place all blue with no pink in sight. But even then, I see Twilight everywhere!

Literally. Case in point:

star wars

while reading Lego Star Wars (bedtime story of choice)

held a straight face the whole time reading this with my kids

So you hear that guys? There is a Jedi starship called the Twilight. Although I'm sure the guys who actually care already know this sort of geeky tidbit anyways. Surprisingly my 7 year old let this one go and didn't tease me about the Twilight part. God he must have been tired to have missed that one (or could I have raised a boy who was nice and would refrain from teasing his dear mom? I don't think so.)

hockey

This one is a no brainer. First off, I would officially call myself a hockey widow but that is no different than the wife of almost every Canadian man around. It's hockey playoffs and we all know that, if the guys have their way, we won't see them for weeks except to show up in the kitchen to replenish beer and chips.

Rob looks good sporting a playoff beard


We even have to put up with the playoff beard - for those of you who don't know the players and hardcore fans are superstitious about shaving during playoffs. Sounds like Samsonite and Delilah right? I think it's just an excuse to look and act like slobs.

So how does this relate to Twilight? Other than the fact that when my husband is off watching hockey I get to post, twitter, and read my Twi-smut fanfic in peace?

Twilight has finally managed to make hockey sexy to me.

Not like this.

Not like this, I don't know what the hell she was thinking

But this is what brought sexy back.

Enter Hockeyward

You all know I love the fanfic Clipped Wings and Inked Armor (CW&IA) and have mentioned its author hunterhunting before. She's brilliant and her newest story The Misapprehension of Bella Swan (MoBS) has been updated since I last posted about it way back when.

If you haven't read it, go now! Even my good non-Twi friend DQ got sucked into it. But MoBS is not finished yet. If you are like DQ and will ream me out for introducing you to a story that leaves you hot, heavy, and hanging then you might want to wait. But if you are like me and the kind of impatient who can't help herself when you hear there is well written smut then join me in hanging on hunterhunting's every word waiting for an update.
 
This story particularly applies to my life at the moment - Hockeyward is the Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks. Well, the Vancouver Canucks are playing the Blackhawks in the playoffs.

Mr. TC even told me that "you can't read a story about the Blackhawks now!" God these hockey guys are so superstitious!

It is true that the Blackhawks are known for being hockey whores. Last time they were here in Vancouver they kept the strip clubs hopping and left a wave of STDs in their wake. Puck bunnies are super excited that these guys were coming back - clearly loads of cash overrules the STD warning.

Given that Mr. TC has had season tickets for 10 years (my bad for getting them as a wedding present in the first place) and that he plays hockey twice a week and that my eldest plays hockey twice a week, you'd think I'd seen it all.

Well, after reading MoBS I will never look at a hockey player the same way again. Just imagining this excerpt every time I watch them going to the locker room after:

"God that is so hot, you are so fucking hot," he declares as he assists me in removing his shirt. He's still staring at my chest, and then his eyes move up to my face and back down again. I'm not sure what is 'so hot' or what it is about me that he finds so appealing other than that I'm willingly grinding all over him, but I'm not going to try and dissuade him if that's what he thinks.
Once his chest is bare and I can see the thick, flexing, sinewy hot-as-fuck muscles of his arms--not to mention the rest of his upper body--I totally forget about the nipple sucking deal and how sad I was that he stopped.
I pause my desperate grinding and just focus on what's in front of me. "Now that is nice," I whisper in approval because Jesus mo-fo Christ does this man ever have a rockin' body. One of the first thing my eyes are drawn to are his two tattoos, on the upper bicep of each arm. I'm such a sucker for tattoos. On his right arm is a waving Canadian flag, and on the left is some sort of crest that's all in black. I don't really care what it is, all I know is that it's sexy as hell.


Mr. TC hasn't figured out why I suddenly like watching playoffs with him and that I'm not bugging him as much about being a hockey widow. Little does he know that every time there's a hit on the ice my panties disintegrate just a little bit.

Gotta run. Mr. TC just got back from playing hockey tonight and is heading for a shower. Oh, he and all the other Canadian guys should send hunterhunting a f*cking fruit basket for writing her fic.

Getting back at 1am from a late night hockey game stinking like wet hockey gear has now become foreplay.

12 comments:

Raitz said...

Hockeyward!!! LOL

Of COURSE I relate to being a hockey widow here in Canada... but you're right, it totally allows for guilt free computer time :) Though I've smelled enough hockey bags in my lifetime to know the odour is far too nasty for foreplay in RL!! And by "hockey bag" I mean the bag that holds the equipment, not a nasty mullet-toting hockey-boy's ballsack or a fugly puck bunny's Mom...

Good luck on the random sightings today - perhaps you'll get a flat tire and Hockeyward will help you out!!!

TongueTwied said...

How cute the matches are even in Twilight colors! Next Twilight party you throw you will have to include those matches to light the apple candles!

I have to read that FF! Everyone talks about it everywhere!

Musing Bella said...

OH, God, MoBS - LOVE THAT FIC. We're not big on hockey down here, but I will admit that my interest in the sport has increased since hunterhunting's little fic hit the 'net. When TH is watching SportsCenter and they mention hockey, my ears now perk up. (Along with other parts...)

I'm a little jealous that your hubs lays hockey. I wonder if I could get TH to start... ;)

Musing Bella said...

Whoops. PLAYS, not lays. Although... Freudian slip? ;)

@TT - go, go now and read it.

Twired Jen said...

TC...you know me, I can't get into FF unless it mimics the Saga OR unless it's Robsten FF. I have discovered Robsten FF lately on Twilighted, and I am in DEEP! Reading 4 different stories at the moment!

But great post! I would not have had the restraint to keep a straight face while reading that Lego book...LMAO! I see Twi everywhere too!

XOXO J

Anonymous said...

I love Hockeyward...I can't wait each week for it. Not big hockey fans here...but I can surely relate.

There's a Star Wars charcter named twilight? LOLOL!!!!!

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Fuck. I couldn't get into this one, but I'm not a hockeyfan. I know! I loved CWAIA but MoBS not so much.

I however, am cracking up that you love it, and now have a vested interest in watching it on tv.

twilightcupcake said...

@Raitz, speaking of hockey bags I can just smell it now. Worse than the standard locker room smell. Our cousin had a dog once who insisted on sleeping ON the hockey bag b/c he liked the smell of his owner. So strange.

@TT I hope you read it. If you aren't a hockey fan just get past the first bit until they meet and then you are good. I totally didn't notice the colour matchbox because I was in such a frantic rush. Good catch.

@MB - it is odd that our national pastime has spawned such a good fanfic. I'm glad it's given us hockey widows something diff to think about when they are watching.

@Twired Jen I figured you wouldn't go for this. Maybe one day if you ever exhaust your collection of Robsten ff. I couldn't laugh with the kids bc then I'd never live down the teasing all night.

@Mrs. P I figured you might be more into hockey since you are from NY but you have so many other sports to distract the men. I'm more of a baseball fan myself but hockey has overwhelmed the house. I'm glad you are as addicted as me!

@HG Yes everytime you see one of the Blackhawks remember they are known for being young and loving the puck bunnies :) MoBS definitely have to get to when they meet to get into it but I like how it is light and not nearly as heavy as CW&IA.

Anonymous said...

what? hockey and star wars? dammit. you totally got me, TC. like a moth to flame... like a moth to flame.

so, hello! first time here...

no. completely not surprised that there is a ship in the star wars universe named twilight. they named EVERYTHING in the star wars universe, and obviously there are only so many words in the english language. that droid head in the corner that you see for half a second? yup. has a name and it's own action figure. right now, somewhere, there is a man who has completely forgone the idea of ever having sex with a woman so that he could have more room to display his little figures. he has one sitting on his shelf, he's looking at it and thinking to himself, "totally worth it."

ahhhh hockey. i don't really care a whole lot for sports. in fact a few years ago i toyed with the idea of having a t-shirt made that said, "football is not important" but i figured E and the kids didn't need me getting stabbed in broad daylight so i opted against it. but when i do watch a sport, hockey it is. here in minnesota, as far as hockey is concerned, you can just consider us Canada Jr.

been actually looking for a fic to start with... perhaps this might just be it?

twilightcupcake said...

@Mr. Pantz - Welcome to my blog (and to Twi-Mobile too :)
My kids absolutely LOVE their Lego Star Wars book. It is seriously the bedtime story of choice and I hate that I tell them about laser cannons and light sabers before they go to sleep. What sweet dreams.
Ah Minnesota, you guys are getting there as hockey fans. Still not your national pastime but then we probably have more snow and ice (although not necessarily here in Vancouver).
Of all the fics to start, you might like this one. Simply because it has some hockey and it has Edwards POV for some of it. As long as you are okay with reading Bella's POV for the beginning. Get through to when they meet and then you are good. It's a light hearted story compared to some of the very dark stories we read. Are you starting your own blog?

Anonymous said...

Getting there?! C'mon now... :)

As far as the snow and ice and cold it all depends on where you are in the state. When I was young I lived WAY up north about an 30 miles south of Winnipeg. In January it would dip below -17c and not come up again until sometime in the middle of Feb. I remember this one day when I was in elementary scholl that the actual temp outside was -51c and with wind chill it was -84c. We couldn't go outside for recess because it was too damn cold. Of course I still had to walk to and from school. Ahhh... the good old days. :)

Believe me, giving young boys "light saber dreams" is about one of the best gifts you can give them. I know I still want one!

Don't know if I mind reading Bella's POV since I haven't ever read it before. :) Being light or dark isn't necessarily a turn on or off for me. In fact I typically like dark stuff. A little more gritty, a little more real. And of course E has even read Buried Amongst the Begonias, and told me about it, so I know just how deep and dark the FanFic can get! If I can hear about that, I'm sure I can hear just about anything...

Why, yes. Yes I AM starting my own blog. Thank you for asking! It is going to be called The Hubtard and it will be starting on June 1st! Until then, however, I am getting my ducks in a row, secured the domain, and am posting some stuff each day so people can get to know me a little bit better if they so choose. And hopefully gather some followers along the way. I hope you stop by sometime. Follow it now, thank me later! :)

Mariam said...

I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as (518) 303-6207 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
more.