d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

So, it's Mothers Day evening and the kids are finally in bed. My two little boys today were nothing short of wonderful. My husband, god bless him, was extraordinary as well. Considering today is his birthday he decided to move his birthday to next week just so today would be all about me.

I am in a ranting mood though. Not because the breakfast that the kids fed me this morning made me nauseous and gave me stomach cramps. Or that the nausea coupled with my period being two days late made me force my husband to go buy me a pregnancy test. And that Mrs. P's rant blog mentioned people whose contraception failed and causing them involuntary motherhood. Or that I had to take a gravol for the nausea which knocked me out cold for the whole afternoon. Or that Mofuse chose today to upgrade their server (I hope) and that all mobile blogs were down.

No I am ranting despite the lovely things too - like my mother taking my youngest for the whole afternoon and my husband taking the oldest out for the whole day. And that I got gifts from my sister and sister in law. Including Twilight and New Moon trading cards

See?

My first twilight trading cards ever

Love that this is not a pic from the movie - Rob and Kristen look so carefree

My New Moon trading cards - yeah for the hologram one bottom right

Oh, one with Rob half naked is always good

I love this line from the movie - gives me chills even now.

By the way, despite the fact that I have a crapload of Twilight stuff I haven't owned a single trading card until today. I'll pay sh*tloads of money for an autographed scrap of paper but $3 for a pack of cards seems silly to me. Go figure.

Anyways - no, I'm ranting because we have a gigantic family. My husband is the eldest sibling and Sunday family dinner falls to us quite often. Our dining room seats 8 people and we always have 12 people for dinner. It's my fault really for not buying a bigger house and dining room table. The issue always becomes who should sit with the kids in the kitchen during dinner. Not really a big deal - it's just the kitchen right?

Well, it's Mother's Day. Don't you think that even though I didn't cook the dinner (like I said my husband is great and cooks everyday and made prime rib tonight) that I should get to sit in the dining room for my own celebration? No, instead me and my mother (bless her heart she was very happy just to spend the holiday in Vancouver rather than Hong Kong) had to sit in the kitchen and feed the kids. The rest of our family sat in the dining room drinking wine and eating on the table that I helped to set.

I know this must seem extraordinarily silly and petty but it made my blood boil. The only person to clue in to the fact I was upset was my pregnant sister in law, who offered halfway through dinner if I wanted to sit in the dining room instead. I wasn't about to make the preggie woman move when the meal was almost done.

I ate 6 bites of food and decided to spend the rest of the evening upstairs holed up in my bedroom suite. Mind you it's comfortable and altogether about 600 sq ft so I was quite happy to stay in there surfing and tweeting. My husband eventually found me and asked why I didn't ask someone to move seats. What the hell would I say - walk up to one of the men and ask them to get up out of my chair and go feed my kids? They are still guests in my house and if they are too clueless to think about the fact that I should probably be enjoying my own celebration then I wasn't about to be the bitch to tell them.

So, I've vented - thank you for listening. They are now all gone and I have finished cleaning the kitchen and the rest of the house after the mess that no one bothered to offer to clean up.

Like Twired Jen said, it's nothing a little fanfic won't help with.

I know that I am blessed. I don't have very much to rant about in general and I'm sure my mothers day was one of the best out there. It's just the PMS talking. And, no, the pregnancy test was negative so I'm not pregnant.

So, on a nice note, I'll leave you with the Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Mom that my 7 year old wrote for me (as he wrote it of course):

1) I Love you becouse you gave birth to me.
2) I Love you becouse you make shur geoffrey doesn't crach my neck.
3) I Love you becouse you're my number one (or 2nd) fan
4) I Love you becouse you take me trick or treting.
5) I Love you Becouse you make me happy wan I'm sad.
6) I Love you Becouse you always Love me and my Bro.
7) I Love you becouse you make me Hethy (healthy).
8) I Love you becouse you Bake stuff that you can eat.
9) I Love you becouse you led me money
10) I Love you Becouse you're my special mom.

Here's hoping you all had a lovely day celebrating with your families.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh babe...I understand. I've had many holidays like the one you just described...and secluding yourself was so much better than blowing up at them all. Smart move...
I need those cards...

You're gift from your son is just plain awesome.

LuvsMeSumEdward said...

Sorry to hear about your dinner...sometimes people don't think!
How sweet is that list your son made...what a little love!
And I'm loling about your comment on the trading cards...feel the same way about paying the $3 for them :) I got a nice Edward pillowcase from my sis for Mother's Day...love it!

Twired Jen said...

Awww J, I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has PMS issues. I just don't find enough woman out there to talk to about my PMS bitchyness...aside from Elusive S and Mom mind you. We all have it BAD.

Like Mrs. P said, I think you did the best think by just slinking away for some alone time. If they can't clue in from that, then they're blind.

You're sons note to you was priceless!

PS We may not agree with our FF choices, but it's such a great mood booster nonetheless!

xoxo J

Nessa Lomiva said...

First, LoL on the list. It's too cute. I find #2 especially hilarious.

As for why you were ranting - oh my, I would be the same. I'm just not sure I would be calm enough to tell my husband how I'm feeling without ripping his/or someone else's head off.
Men. They can be so clueless and insensitive sometimes. Lately, I just keep thinking about how you can't live with them, but you can't live without them either. Unless you're a lesbian, then it's all good. :D

I hope you're better now. So jealous of the cards. Europe sucks majorly in this way that you got zilch Twilight stuff in stores. They sell the books, and that's pretty much it.

TongueTwied said...

Your rant doesn't seem petty or silly to me. Both of you deserved to be in the dining room.

The list is so sweet!

I haven't thought to look for the trading cards but when I was in Borders recently I saw the original Twilight movie comes cards and I wanted it. BAD! But I resisted.

Fanfiction is the new Calgon. (Are you familiar with that commercial?)

Dangrdafne said...

I do not have children as you know but I would have to say...I think I could easily put up with all that crap if I received a top 10 list like that from my child. WOW! You children are just precious and adorable.

I am sorry your day wasn't all that it could be but I am glad your hubby tried to help out. Hugs to you.

mk said...

Oh Jenn..............................

and that's all I have to say about that! (...if you can't say anything nice....)

no wait... I do have something to say...(no surprise!) it's times like these that I really appreciate my mom and her sacrifices and how many times past her mother's days must have sucked and she was still so good to us. It's times like these that I really love the bond between women and how we help each other through things - geez, you were at the little kids table - imagine your mom, a guest, visiting , and an elder to be respected.... and NO ONE offered their seat to her either!!!! In fact, she still would rather stay with you and her grandchildern and put her pride aside. WOMEN ROCK! I don't know... your revenge? Raise your sons right... to be gentlemen.... to respect their wives, mothers and elders!

gees... and I thought I didn't have a lot to say!

(on a happy note - looking forward to the twilight convention! ;))

twilightcupcake said...

Thanks to everyone for understanding
@mrs. P - I remember you come from an italian family eg. lots of people so I'm sure you understand. They can also be chauvinistic these old cultures.

@LuvMeSumEdward - a new pillowcase? How cool. My twilight one is missing and I swear the nanny must have it...

@Twired Jen LOL I really wanted to go and take a bath when I was all pissed off yesterday. Made me think of you and your incessant bathing.

@Jelena - too bad you can't get more Twilight stuff in Serbia. I swear I need to have your address so every few months we can send you random twilight stuff from around here.

@TT - omg, Calgon take me away! Like I said i so wanted to take a bath when this was happening. yes fanfic does make me forget, esp MotU and UofEM or MoBS.

@Dangrdafne yes the kids giving me extra big hugs until i crack a smile usually works. You really can't be too grumpy with them or else you just have to leave the room.

@MK - you know all the family to whom I refer and they are all nice people, just clueless sometimes. Thank god for the twi convention coming up. Totally excited to go with you. Yes, you've known my mom for like 20 years and I am not surprised she couldn't care less. I think she was actually happier to not have to sit with the in-laws and make small talk :)

Thank you for the hugs! My friend DQ is super concerned that I am indeed pregnant and I swear I'm not!