d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

I have a new gadget that I want to spread the word about. It came courtesy of Mrs. P. at Twibite. While she was in self-imposed exile this weekend counting votes for her Twibite Youtube contest. She kept herself busy making this. Her new avatar:

Oh, isn't she pretty?

 
I have a generic avi on my twitter account. At no point have I thought it was okay to plaster my face next to my wonderful colourful comments to the world. Sometimes I just want to forget that I am myself - or maybe I just needed to be me but only a bit better? 

So this is the new improved me
It does sorta look like me, but better

 
Welcome to Face Your Manga - the website where we created our custom avatars for FREE! Seriously, I haven't found a catch except I gave them email address. That's it! 

 

Technically these avatars are called Mangatars (you know manga as in Japanese comics?) but that makes me think of mangalors from Fifth Element 

Not what I had in mind - they should have picked a better name

 
The process is easy. 


 

You enter your gender, choose everything from skin colour and face shape, right down to beauty marks and wrinkles. 



 

The site is straightforward and well done. Hardest thing to choose was the eyes. So tempting to use the big manga eyes but really, everyone knows I'm asian and we don't just look like that. Also, I would have liked more variety of clothing (surprise, surprise). I am the eternal shopper.

I do like how you can write or add a logo onto your clothes and also add cigs in your hand if you want (not that I'm condoning smoking because the only person who looks hot doing it is him) 



Even then it's barely tolerable...

Lastly, you have a choice of backgrounds of solid, themed, or with patterns. The possibilities here are endless.

 

All in all, it took me about 10 minutes to make mine and then have the jpeg sent to my email. Note a tip from Mrs. P that you should check your spam account as the email comes from someplace in Italy.

So go ahead and make one now. Send me a link with your pic if you want. After all, I showed you mine :)

9 comments:

Mrs. P said...

WOW!!! This is great...and it is so true. There was no catch at all in this site; just a truly free avatar. Thank you for posting the instructions, and hopefully we can see what everyone (sorta) looks like!!!

twilightcupcake said...

Happy to do it. Amazed I got the post out so fast b/c I started it when you posted your avatar on the twibite site. Off to do some work stuff now...sigh, back to real life.

DQ said...

Super cute!

twilightcupcake said...

Thanks DQ. I just changed my blog one too. Hope it works.

twilightcupcake said...

Huh, I'll have to check it out.

jelena said...

great stuff. i made mine. :D

twilightcupcake said...

Okay Jelena. Going to check it out. On your blog or twitter?

17forverlisa said...

Love the new avatars! Mrs. P kind of reminds me of Madonna :) I chickened out using the new one that Amcas at Why Not... made for me a couple of weeks ago, but I will have to play with the app and see what I look like :)

Chubella and Edward are awesome and I can't even imagine the time and patience that goes into making something like that. Had to laugh about poor Mr. MK getting excited and not waiting for you to put them on the cake.

Lisa

P.S.: I fixed my blog roll :)

twilightcupcake said...

Squeals! I love you Lisa! I was worried you'd think I was too forward on you blog comments and ban me for life. But I guess you know by now that I have no shame.
We'd love to see your avatar when you are done. Mrs. P does loon like Madonna. Ah, to be blonde and beautiful.
I really enjoy making the figurines but they truly are a labour of love. I took about 3 hours to make them combined. But worth it for MK. Her husband is known around these parts for random acts of adorkable-ness so I was not all that surprised.
I'm going to check out your blogroll now :)