d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

So many of you know I am a collector and currently of course Twilight is my new shopping obsession. I have alluded to some of my previous purchases including stuff I bought in Forks at Dazzled by Twilight in my previous Shopping in Forks post.

My favourite shirt from Forks

I also mentioned some of my autographed purchases as well in my Twilight Dinner Party post.

My cut out party invites
 But I haven't really blogged about a specific thing since most of my stuff was acquired before my blog started in mid-January.

Well, I've made my first big twilight purchase of 2010. It wasn't enough that I spent a crazy amount on Olympics tickets and also have booked vacations to Hong Kong and Italy in the next few months.

I had to go and buy this.


Say hello to my new autographed and framed Kristen Stewart photo with New Moon film cells. I was off for a week and this package arrived at my office while I was away. What a nice way to return to work!

It comes with the four New Moon cells at the bottom. I love the way they framed these so that I can mount the whole thing with a backlight later. Assuming that this will go into the vault with my other autographed stuff I won't be mounting it to a light anytime soon. I always dream of cleaning up my den and making it a twilight shrine/sanctuary. (One day it might happen if I can get off the computer!)

Although I was looking for an autographed Bella and Edward New Moon photo this one caught my eye since I'll be going to Volterra and Montepulciano in June. The colours are vivid and I love how pivotal this scene is. Even you KStew haters can see where I'm coming from right?

I'll post more about my other autographed twilight stuff later. I don't actually have my own pics of these things because I'm too busy trying not to leave fingerprints but too embarrassed to ask anyone at home to help.

My new item is not as coolly personalized as Jelena's Kellan pic but I guess I'll have to pay for my photos for now. Hopefully they'll be heading back here to Vancouver to film Breaking Dawn - crossing my fingers and legs (promise to open them back up if the Cullen boys return). Maybe the twilight saga cast and crew gods will smile on me again (hint hint...)

On a side note, I have had this background on my desktop since 2009.

Yes, I love Rob and Kristen

But I just saw these background today at Sparkle for Twilight's blogsite.


 

Sparkle has an awesome website. Her posts are well thought out and I love her Buffy love too. Her post on "If Edward Were A Southern Gentleman" is brilliant.

Okay, my first post on blogger is done. It was fairly painless but I don't know how to make the images link to a different site other than the image itself (without going into the html). Any suggestions? I feel like I can't find the post office or something in this new neighbourhood so directions would be helpful thanks!

16 comments:

Nessa Lomiva said...

That is a great photo. When I first saw it, I was like, WTF, but my second thought was Wow. I can imagine how vivid the colours are, they stand out even from here. It really is an amazing shot. The only thing is, every time I see a still from that part of NM, I just feel all twisted and sad. That's the reason why I can't enjoy Edward's naked chest either. It's such a gut wrenching part in the book, I would never want to be reminded of that.

Thank you for including me in your post. I'm still riding on the high of that autograph. I will try and buy a frame today to put it up. I've already decided that I will make a shrine, with the dolls here, and the Rob calendar that Stan sent me.

Btw, those are awesome backgrounds. Must check Sparkle's blog.

twilightcupcake said...

Hi Jelena

thanks. We see different sides of the coin. When I see this pic I also flash to the fact that they're going to be reunited in about 20 seconds. And it's a nice warm day in Italy. I guess it's not sunny enough in Vancouver so evengut wrenching sun is better than rain.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that pic! What an amazing find!
As for linking pics - I'll try to explain if you need me too! Email me if you :)

Anonymous said...

Email me if you do! I can't type today! Sorry :(

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

I love your autographed pic, sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, and damn it, now I want to go and buy something cool like that.
BTW, those background images are freaking amazing.. I’m just learning photoshop, and I’m about ready to freaking rip this Mac to pieces. JFC!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is really cool..and the movie cells included as well..it really makes an awesome display piece.
You are going to Italy this summer?? Congrats..that is awesome. I can't wait to see the photos of your trip.
XOXO

twilightcupcake said...

@TM Thanks - I'll see if I need help. Right now I'm resigned to just change the html since it's easy.
@HG I used to photoshop a bit but after seeing the genius creations of some of these ladies I now bow to them and just enjoy their work.
@Mrs. P Glad to know that you didn't want to come over and bash in KStew's head in my photo ;) Yes, we are going to Italy for our 10th wedding anniversary - June 2 wks and NO KIDS!! Can't wait.

TwiTwin1 said...

Can I just say that I am crazy jealous of your Kristen Stewart autograph. The picture, the film cells. Everything is awesome. And you're right, the scene is so pivotal. And I LOVE Kristen. Also, thanks for sharing the wallpapers.

Soxer said...

I am so freaking jealous!
Urgh.

Im ashamed to say I do not own really any twilight merchandise. I have a blanket which is affectionately called my cullen blankie but thats about it asides from the books.

...really need to change that.

Love this blog layout btw, the colours are gorgeous.

XXXX

Twired Jen said...

OMG Jen,
I adore this post. And I think that the autographed pic of Kristen is kick ass! Wow. Now I want one. I also absolutely LMAO at this:

"Hopefully they'll be heading back here to Vancouver to film Breaking Dawn - crossing my fingers and legs (promise to open them back up if the Cullen boys return)" Love it!

That wallpaper from the Eclipse leaked pic is AMAZING!

xoxo J

Twired Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dangrdafne said...

The picture will mean so much more once you see the real place... I know it does for me. Dangrmomma just asked me last night if I am glad we went to Italy in October and didn't wait until April to go with the tour we were supposed to go with... I don't even think I let her finish the question while answering loudly YES. Seeing New Moon after being in the places where it was filmed (and the places in the books) made it even more amazing. Great post and great picture.

Musing Bella said...

Fan-tastic!! I love the picture, and even though I go back and forth with KStew, that's a great shot. Love the backgrounds, too. TH uses my laptop right now for a class that ends in about two weeks, so I am generically wallpapered until I get it back all to myself. ;-) He knows of the twi-love, but I don't want to alarm him.

Incidentally, how did you move your comments on old posts from wordpress to blogger? I can't get my export/import to work, and might just try to do it manually...

twilightcupcake said...

Hey MB

dear god do not do it manually. You may have fewer posts than I but it's still a pain. I'll send you the export import info I used. Worked first time except for captions.

sparkle for twilight said...

I'm late to the party but welcome to blogger! How in the heck did you set it up so snazzy so quickly??

I have to say that seeing your new collectable gave me an extra jolt of excitement for the New Moon dvd. I can't wait to watch the scenes again; one of my favorite moments in it was when Bella closes her eyes to say I love you to Edward as Laurent is about to move in. It's just soo.... I think it captures the essence of how much they love each other and need one another. I'm rambling.

And thank you for the shout out! I know your desktop picture well--I'm not sure if even I'd part from that one, so that's a real compliment!

twilightcupcake said...

Hi Sparkle

welcome home. I spent a week converting and tweaking before I officially released my move. Plus I had a pretty template and completely ignored real life for a week
I have now changed my desktop background to one of yours. So pretty!