d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad you've found me! After realizing that I was living in a swanky house but in the wrong neighbourhood (Wordpress) I went house hunting. I haven't posted while I've been house shopping and renovating but here's my new digs. I think Rob likes sepia. Don't you think?

Yes, sweetie, I know you've
been waiting to move

I was on wordpress.com before and I had chosen it because Mr. TC believes that Wordpress is usually the standard for techie people like himself as it is so adaptable and his blog is self hosted using Wordpress. Well, even though I realized that I was one of only a handful of Twilight blogs that was not on blogger I held out moving for a while. Mostly because I liked my pretty new house and I had just moved in.

And no Mr. TC didn't knock me out and drag me there. I just followed him blindly out of love and I didn't know any better.




But it was getting lonely out in the Wordpress neighbourhood. I was surrounded by other pretty houses but all my friends from the local Twilight cafe seemed to live in another part of town. People were still stopping by my house and I was still able to email out updates. But it's hard to keep in touch when I send out a letter in the mailbox that you have to check whereas your neighbour can just stand and scream in the street that she has a new post.



So even though I love my old Wordpress house and will leave it there to hold my old posts and images I have decided to move. Renovations are mostly finished and I'm finding some things to fix still so be patient.

I may need directions to learn where everything is in the blogger neighbourhood but the people here seem friendly enough to ask for directions. If you find a creaky step or a leaky faucet while touring the blog can you let me know please?

Come on in - there's fresh cupcakes!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far so good! Looks great!!! Everything seems to be in working order..
XOXOXO

17foreverlisa said...

TC, it's gorgeous!! The color scheme I sent to my designer has brown in it too, so I love this!

The archives menu is a little off center, but other than that, everything looks great.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Lisa

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

WTH? It's gorgeous!! For being a newbie to the blogger community, your home is beautiful? Did you buy the model home completely furnished? Hehehe.
YEAH!! I'm following you now sweetie.

Dangrdafne said...

Welcome to the neighborhood. We are so happy you are here. You have a lovely home. I will update my address book to your new home :)

Twired Jen said...

Yay, you have come over to the dark side. JK. It looks FANTASTIC! I love the chocolately brown colors. PS, where's my cupcakes? jk
PS MUCH easier to comment on blogger.
xoxo J

twilightcupcake said...

@Mrs. P - yes, I finally joined the dark side.
@Lisa - thanks! Funny we chose brown schemes the same time. I am pissed off about the archives and choosing to ignore them for now.
@HG - I've been stuck in coding world for 4 days now and finally done. I used a free template but changed a bunch of stuff (banner, widgets, button) on my own. Glad you like it.
Btw, hopefully the Mobile feed up top is good on your iphone.
@Dangrdafne - I figured it's just easier to be close to my friends :) That way if I need to borrow sugar or wineglasses you're next door.

Ginny said...

Love it!!
hmmm...
What do you give as a blogger warming gift?

and of course I'll follow!
Anywhere!

smartEpantz said...

Hey Lady!!
Kickass new diggs...you are now on my roll!!
muah.
E

Musing Bella said...

LOVE it!!! I'm following you in more ways than one... currently moving...

Nessa Lomiva said...

You know how I feel about this new layout: it's edible! :D

Oooh, Musing Bella's moving too? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new digs! And welcome to the neighbourhood! I'd watch out for most of the neighbours. They are a bit crazy LOL Especially that Mrs. P. I'm pretty sure Nibbles keeps ppl in her attic! All and all I'm glad you made the switch! I'll update my blog list right away :)