d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Okay, I broke up my flight post because it was too long. Here's the link to Part 1-Rob

This is Part 2-Kristen



(Still writing mid-flight...)

While I’m writing this post I also have Mamma Mia playing on the screen in front of me. Some of you may be wondering why I’m not watching New Moon on an unending loop (just because I can) but I am watching Mamma Mia instead for two reasons. First, I couldn’t pass up the chance to watch Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan. I’m dreading the Pierce Brosnan singing part but I’ll still watch just because it’s just so comical.

If you're curious about Pierce Brosnan singing watch this video

And second, because my good friend DQ is obsessed with ABBA and watching this movie reminds me of her. Yes, you remember she loves Donny Osmond and ABBA. The girl has other quirky loves too but that’s what makes her so wonderful (Can’t wait for your birthday Vegas trip DQ!) I especially love the dancing/singing scenes at the end of this movie where the guys come dancing in wearing their polyester outfits.




Oh lord, Pierce is singing the first of his songs. I am actually cracking up in the airplane and getting strange looks. Has anyone seen him singing in anything else? I can’t remember. He certainly didn’t sing in James Bond. Ooh, Meryl Streep has a wonderful voice. I remember Colin Firth was singing with Rupert Everett in The Importance of Being Earnest and it was awesome. I remember Mr. TC was not impressed I took him to a movie that had singing British guys.

I actually replayed the Mamma Mia credits – why? Because I love hearing Amanda Seyfried singing “Thank you for the music”




So, guess what I found when I googled Rob Pattinson and Hong Kong?
-        

Pic from Hong Kong Magazine about Rob
topping the GQ best dressed list

I can’t find any info on where I need to go look for Twilight merchandise and I’m too embarrassed to ask my cousins. I’m assuming none of my HK cousins know about my blog or my Twilight obsession. Even though they are obsessed with Japanese characters and even the guys have their rooms adorned with all sorts of pop culture crap I don’t feel like exposing myself to possible ridicule.We’ll see what I come up with. I’ve got two weeks to look.

(3 hours later…)
Okay, my son fell asleep so it’s time to type again. Guess what else I found in the list of Oldies but Goodies in Video on Demand?



I never would have watched this movie. You all know I’m a fan of Kristen Stewart but I don’t make it a point of seeking out all of her old movies or Rob’s. But I was so happy to skim through this film and fast forward to her part. I loved hearing her sing and hadn’t actually heard the second song before. The duet with the the lead actor Emile Hirsch was great.

I couldn’t help but picture Rob singing along with her instead. This video below isn't the two of them together but at least is both videos of them singing and playing guitar.




I wasn’t planning on watching the Runaways either but after hearing her sing again today I’ll have to make a point of checking it out. This movie was so moving I couldn’t help but actually finish watching it. Tears were rolling down my cheeks by the end of it. I’m not sure if it’s just the sap in me or the mom or both.

I am currently watching Ocean’s Twelve – strictly because of George Clooney and Brad Pitt. Gosh this airplane ride has been wonderful for revisiting the eye candy.

When I arrived in Hong Kong and got to my parents place I was so pleasantly surprised. Guess what my mom had saved for me from HMV?



She has pre-ordered the New Moon DVD for Hong Kong release March 20th for me while I'm here. Yeah! What an awesome mom :) She even saved the magazine in a bag so it wouldn't get wrecked.

A very quick shout out before I go. I'm adding a new blog to my blogroll Cheaper than Therapy by Musing Bella. She has a very nice writing style and says them very funny stuff. Go check it out!

7 comments:

Twired Jen said...

Absolutely LOVED these two posts! I felt like I was with you on that flight. I LOVE that you got to watch New Moon, and I totally get what you were saying about the earphones thing....awww, to hear Edward whisper into our ears. Swoon.
Keep us posted and can't wait to hear about your travels!

xoxo J

sparkle for twilight said...

You should get the Mamma Mia movie sountrack! Its great! My huge discovery recently was that the other father in the movie is Alexander Skarsgard's dad in real life, WHAT! I had no idea!

I watched Into the Wild and I thought it ended so bleak. Like I had to watch something else happy before going to bed that night. But I loved the scenes with Kristen, she's such a fine actress ;)

Let us know if the HK dvd has anything special going on!

Dangrdafne said...

That is so wonderful of your mother! Hug her for me.

Just tell your cousins you need to pick up some gifts for your friends back home, like me ;) I am always willing to be a cover for you.

I am glad you made it there safely and you enjoyed your movies. You need to talk with Poptarrts about Into the Wild - it is a favorite of hers.

Musing Bella said...

OMG!!! I just made TH read your shout out while I squeeeed in the bed next to him. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Love you!!

Into the Wild was AAAHHHmazing, even though the ending was so fucking depressing and awful (and true, which made it more so). I sobbed and sobbed and curled up on the couch afterward. Kristen can def sing, and I thought she was great in that.

Maybe Pierce should have sung a song in Remember Me to lighten the mood... God, but he's terrible in Mamma Mia. Colin Firth is awesome (as always) and Stellan Skarsgaard is just, kind of, also there, reminding us he has a fuckhawt son. Still love that movie!

Oh, and you have the BEST Mom! How great is that???

Thanks again for the shout-out, TC! Have a great trip!

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Can you believe I just saw Mamma Mia, and my 9 year old became obsessed.... Instantly. She downloaded several ABBA songs and has the movie.

Have fun on your trip and look forward to your posts from abroad.

买黄昏的东西!

(Okay I have no idea what I just wrote, but I think I said buy some twilight stuff!)

Soxer said...

Into the wild is an amazing movie...Im obsessed with it at the moment. Just bought the book and am so excited about reading it this week.

These last two posts have made me want to go to Hong Kong now...just for the airplane experience.

Lucky girl!!

twilightcupcake said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.
@Twired Jen, yes it really is like having him whispering in my ears. Especially the making of with his accent. Melting...

@sparkle - yes, I'll let you know about the HK DVD for sure. It was bleak. no doubt about it. Had to watch something happy after.

@Dangrdafne - I would hug her for you except she doesn't know I have a blog and she'd wonder who the heck you were ;) I would love to use you as an excuse for my cousins - you're awesome. I hadn't thought of that.

@MB You are very welcome. Always happy to make a girl squeal :) Gosh, you mean Pierce doesn't sing in Remember Me? I'm disappointed. JK

@HG - seriously, did you just send me a message in Chinese? that's awesome and yes I'll listen to your Chinese message and buy some twilight stuff. I didn't know you were Asian ;) I've seen the Chinese comments on your blog before and wasn't sure what to make of them as I can only read about half of it.

@Poptarrts I remember that you liked Into the Wild from one of your prev posts. It was enlightening as to the reasons he abandons everything and goes to become one with nature. I had a lot of trouble with the end though and I think my heart broke just from a mothers standpoint. Entirely too bleak to imagine ones children running away and dying somewhere. Ugh!

Okay, more posts to come soon. I have more time here than I do at home!