d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

(If you missed it, I just posted my Hong Kong flight home earlier tonight as well - here)

So I had a very busy second week in Hong Kong. Filled daily with shopping and eating - so much that I did not have time to twitter or post! A few things that I bought in my last week of Hong Kong that were twilight related.



I have never seen these in Vancouver yet I found them at a tiny place called Hong Kong Records in a gigantic seven story mall called Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. This mall is super huge at 1 million square feet of shopping space.


Side note is Festival Walk also has an ice rink called The Glacier. A lot more people are trying it out after Winter Olympics.

One of three ice rinks in shopping malls in Hong Kong
I was so happy to find the Rob DVDs even if they are only supposed to work in Region 3 (Asia). I have to watch them on my semi-legal DVD player that plays all regions of DVDs (including Region 1 North America). These all region DVD players are $25 USD in Hong Kong if you look in the right places.

Hong Kong Records also had this sign out front.


While in that mall I also saw

Hello Kitty crossover with handbag store

on the right Baby 'Cino for my son - shot of warm milk with foam
Pacific Coffee Company
Mr. Men shirts from Bossini
Lego Starwars PJs from Toys R Us
I spent a great deal of time in this store - UNIQLO. It's a Japanese store with many locations throughout Hong Kong. The equivalent of Old Navy in pricing but much more stylish.


For example, skinny tapered dark wash jeans were $25 bucks USD including free alteration ready the same day. I waited only 90 minutes for my jeans to be done. 

Something else I picked up while at the mall were the paperback versions of Breaking Dawn and the original Twilight apple cover. I own the movie cover version of Twilight and was super happy to see the apple one for sale.

paperback version of Breaking Dawn

Ironically the paperback BD is printed in the USA but
only available internationally

Okay, that's all for this mall :) I'll split up my shopping days into separate posts so expect to see another one very soon.

8 comments:

Nessa Lomiva said...

Goddamit! This is not a post for a shopaholic like myself to read. Well, actually, this one was not as bad as your first HK post, LoL. I envy you on your shopping tours. It's been a while since I went scouting the malls. But, I got a lot of fantastic gifts for my bday, so that kinda satisfied my greed. :D

Good to have you back, btw, TC. I've really missed you woman.

Amy said...

What is the deal with having regions for DVDs? I wish I could figure out how to play other regions on our DVD player. We've had to get some videos converted and the tracking got all messed up, so we can't watch half it.

twilightcupcake said...

@Jelena - yes, HK in general is a shopping paradise

@Amy you'll just have to go to your local chinatown and buy a cheapy player for 50 bucks. I love how they have USB ports for your downloaded shows too.

Musing Bella said...

Ooohh - I want to go to that store - UNIQLO. That sounds right up my alley!

I like that the watermark (or whatever you call it on a photo online) on the Star Wars pj's says "Yankee Toy" - that makes me laugh for some reason. It's just so true.

I am envious of the paperback. I have Twilight and NM in paper, and Eclipse and BD in hardcover. At least I'm symmetrical. :-)

Shopping fun! I love it!

Raitz said...

Would have LOVED a Little Miss Naughty t-shirt!!!!!

Fantastic HK pics - I need to go there!

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

I agree with Jelena. Damnit! I have the urge to shop!! And preferably in HK!~

TongueTwied said...

An ice rink in a mall? How cool is that?

I love seeing pics like this! thanks for sharing!

how cute are lego pajamas? almost as cool as underoos!

Dangrdafne said...

$179.00 for Haunted Airman - what does that price "mean"?

So jealous of the paperback Breaking Dawn!

@Raitz - Little Miss Naughty shirt LOL