d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

I admit it. I am a twihard. I have it so bad that I indeed named my blog after my two favourite things - twilight and sweets.

didn't want to ruin this photo with a pastry


Up until now I had a select few people in my life whom I would say the word "twilight" to and not start getting all flustered. Okay, I would get flustered but so would they so we would stay in our own secret world. But seriously this obsession has become harder to hide and I am at a breaking point.

This all started back in May 2009 (I know, I was a little late on the uptake okay?). My dear sister had preached to me months back about how I had to read this twilight series and blah blah blah. Well, I was having none of it and kept going about my merry way, being the good wife and mother that I should. I even kept up a good pace at work. Then it all fell apart.

Of all the places for me to get corrupted it was at the school book fair. 20 bucks for a copy of Twilight and New Moon and the proceeds go to the school. Why not? Big mistake. I should have known better. I have a history of obsessing over things in the past - Buffy, Lois & Clark, well the list just gets more embarrassing. In fact with a family history of addictions I really should have seen it coming. At least my sister could have warned me.

I read both books in a 24 hours. Then on only two hours sleep I went to work, saw 3 patients and used my 20 minute unexpected break to drive down to the childrens book store and buy Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. All 4 books read in 72 hours.

trying not to get caught reading at 4am again


Since then I have been in a never ending cycle of re-reading the saga and surfing fan sites and the inevitable spiral into fanfic. So many have things have fallen by the wayside. I have a dear husband and two boys who have been troopers through the whole thing. But when your youngest son begs you to play the twilight song on the piano because it's his favourite, you know you're in trouble. What kind of kid has his nursery rhymes replaced by vampire soundtracks?

This is the twilight montage with unofficial music that got me hooked and happens to be little DS's favourite song. I had almost forgotten our house has a piano until this music brought me back to life.



Since then there has been a pilgrimage to Forks and more debauchery. I'll post those details later. Don't want to overwhelm you with too much craziness all at once.

For now I'll leave you with a fanfic suggestion. For those of you who loved Midnight Sun (who didn't like it better than Twilight?) then you will love Dark Side of the Moon.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4273193/1/Dark_Side_of_the_Moon

All the angst of New Moon but from Edward's side. No gratuitous werewolf scenes, just straight EPOV for the entire book. If you haven't read fanfic before, this might sway you. Almost as good, some would say better, than S. Meyer herself.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Jenny i can totally relate. I was given the series right after i had Cruz and i too read them all within a few days. Cruz was sleeping great but i was up half the night reading, so i looked exausted. As soon as i am finished my current book i am going to reread the series. I can't wait!
Love your forks pictuers!! take care.
LORI

twilightcupcake said...

Thanks for following Lori. I won't be blogging about the kids so a bit different from yours and Shannon's. I plan to update every other day and I'll have more Forks photos soon so please keep checking in. Also going to Volterra in June with Ryan so I'll be adding these too.

Lori said...

I love the idea of this blog. I am so glad that you are doing it!!
Going to Volterra! wowsers. how freaking fun!

twilightcupcake said...

I think it will be creepy to say the least. Husb looking forward to the Etruscan history museum of all things!