d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Escape to this world...


So for those of you who are twilight fans but don't read fanfiction, I am sad for you. I have a whole new appreciation for amateur writing and also the depth of smutty goodness that some of these ladies can get to. To start you on this journey (or to give you more stops along the way if you are already deep in the lemons) I thought Fanfic Fridays would help.

A quick crash course on fanfic in general. Lots of good fanfic have the essence of Edward and Bella but they may not be vampires or teenagers. But there is almost always a brooding hot Edward.

All Human (AH) - no vamps

POV - point of view eg. EPOV - Edward's POV like in Midnight Sun

Out of character (OOC) - acting a bit different than we know them in twilight

Canon pairings = the pairs as in twilight - Edward/Bella, Alice/Jasper, etc.

The more lemony goodness the better


Lemons - in short, it means smut in varying degrees. The origin of this term comes from a popular hentai anime anthology called Cream Lemon. Sounds so twisted. Makes those lemon cupcakes look different now, huh?

The main twilight fanfic sources are http://www.fanfiction.net/ and twilighted (the latter requires creating an account). Some of these works are complete but many of them are partially finished and you end up aching for the author to update.

stories


I'm going to start with a short story to get you in slowly...

If you love vampire Edward try Be Very Still.

Isle Esme for grown ups. Pic courtesy of http://www.images2.fanpop.com/

This is basically how the honeymoon night on Isle Esme should have gone if she wasn't writing for tweens. The grown up version is more satisfying but the author keeps in the same tone as Stephenie Meyer.

If you like high school angst but wouldn't mind an All Human you must read the uncensored version of Wide Awake.

Click on the pic for the censored version at http://www.fanfiction.net/

This is the fanfic that got me hooked in the first place. Edward and Bella are both tortured souls who find solace in each other. Actually a very sweet story and it involves baking. This is not a short story but so worth the read. Complete.

My favourites usually fall in the grown up and All Human category. Let's start with something light and not too long like Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Trademark blue

This is a sweet story about rich handsome Edward chasing a quirky cute Bella. There is coffee and of course Tiffany's involved. There are a lot more fanfics in this category but they are quite long so I'll save them for next Friday.

Enjoy until next Friday! I'll be adding in some longer ones so get ready.

3 comments:

17foreverlisa said...

OMFG! Who in their right does that? I mean, how could you not know he was in your neighborhood filming?!! LOL!! Seriously, though, does that girl have any regrets?!!!

twilightcupcake said...

Sorry Lisa, my bad for choosing a theme that has the comments link at the top of each post. Aack - means that your comment should have been replied to the post above. My apologies...
When they were filming in my neighborhood I honestly had not read twilight. I was still delivering babies at the time and remember I was driving home from the hospital, very tired. My biggest thought was going home to sleep and not who was filming. Btw, the break up log is also the same spot where everyone threw up at our high school post grad many moons ago.
I hope that girl has broken up with her b/f now and is filled with regret that she could have been Mrs. P.

17foreverlisa said...

LOL! I will try and remember that for next time. Now I've read your fanfic post, too :) I still haven't touched Wide Awake. I seem to enjoy the "quickie" one-shot format more than anything. LOL! There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything that I want to do, including reading more fanfic.