d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.


So for a person who loves singing I must confess I've only watched glee once. My friend DQ loves it and I happened to be taping the Jon Stamos one just for fun so I could tell her I saw it. I was not prepare to fall in love with it since it was a Britney Spears theme. The last song "The Only Exception" was so powerful that I had to watch it again.



Well I got the iPhone Glee Karaoke game and actually paid attention to the lyrics once I had to sing it.
Of course you know how as a Twilight fanatic everything reminds us of Bella or Edward?

Well this song was no exception :)

Lyrics:

When I was younger
I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind
He broke his own heart
And I watched
As he tried to reassemble it

And my momma swore that
She would never let herself forget
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
If it does not exist

But darling,
Chorus
You, are, the only exception
You, are, the only exception
You, are, the only exception
You, are, the only exception

Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Keep a straight face

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable, distance
And up until now

I had sworn to myself that I'm
Content with loneliness

Because none of it was ever worth the risk

Chorus

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't
Let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving
In the morning, when you wake up
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream

Chorus
And I'm on my way to believing
Oh, And I'm on my way to believing


Totally sweet how it changes from being from Bella's POV to being a bit of Edward/Bella.

I had no idea this song was by Paramore - sorry for all those Hayley fans out there
Looks like I wasn't the only ones to think this way (except these people were clearly months ahead of me and were talented enough to make Youtube videos too)



This is the Robsten version - thinking of 17ForeverLisa and Twired Jen!



Anyways for those Glee fans - enjoy!

Click to comment.

10 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

@17foreverlisa is going to love you for this post. This is one of her favorites!

I can't wait to watch the videos when I get home from work.

I have missed you here. Good to see you back.

Still can't wait to see the rest of your Italy trip :)

mrsjbreen said...

I don't watch Glee because Mr. Z refuses -- although we did watch the Rocky Horror episode because I used to perform in that fuckery back in the day -- and we both enjoyed it. And I came in on the tail end of the Christmas episode the other day while my stepdaughter was watching it and they were doing that grinch/whoville song that I don't know the name of ..'welcome christmas day??' and it was phenomenal.

LOVE these videos!!

17foreverlisa said...

HAPPY DANCE!!! That is my favorite Paramore song. I can't view videos at work, but if it's the one I posted awhile back, it seriously makes me cry. I love it so much. If it's not, I'm all for watching a new one when I get home. *le sigh*

It's also the song that kiTT from Tongue-Twied recorded mini-TT singing and sent to me. I know I played it for some of you in Forks. Beyond sweet.

Lisa

17foreverlisa said...

PS: I miss you!!!

TongueTwied said...

Hey TC! As much as I love Paramore singing that song I just sat and watched the Glee performance mesmerized.

I'm glad you are really into this song. Like Lisa said, mini-TT loves it too. Sings it, almost on key. ;)

Heard this live at their concert. Please go see Paramore live if you get a chance. Hayley has so much power to her voice and the boys are adorable. Not to mention, you never know when Robsten might be backstage. (You saw my post and pictures right?)

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

TC! I miss you!! Where have you been? I wish you lived near me...

First, Glee is awesome and yes, since you can sing really good, you should watch this show. This last Christmas episode had one of the best renditions of “Baby It’s Cold Outside” and you should check it out. Love Glee!!

Now, for the other song “Only Exception”. It is beautiful. I used it for my Cinderella trailer and I do remember Lisa playing TT’s daughter’s version of it in Forks. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

I love Twilight, I love Glee, I love Paramore - and bought the CD especially for that song! Perfect combo!

And.... now I'm off to find that Glee karaoke app :)

MK said...

I am a total gleek and I am happy that we can share that too. So far I've watched all the episodes online for free either at tvdome or cucirca. There is a rendition of Katy perry's teenage dream that I have been known to watch a few (hundred) times! Start from season 1 and catch up!

twilightcupcake said...

@DD - swear I've been working on the Italy posts - did you get your Hawaii trip planned? Get my email? And yes I've missed you too.

@fanficzombie - oh Welcome Christmas - Whoville - I haven't seen that Glee episode but the Christmas Glee album is cute. My 7 year old was singing that song and I posted it on youtube for my family

@17foreverLisa - I knew this wasn't news for most of you but had to add my two cents. Especially the queen of Rob songs :) Miss you too

@kiTT - I remember hearing mini-TT sing to Lisa - it was super cute! I didn't know this song at the time or I probably would have thought it was even more sweet. Thanks for the email btw - I've been a total blog reading fail for quite a while now. Awesome to see them in person.

@HG - I remember your video and the song. Very good. I miss you too - I've been so busy with working it's unreal. Flu season and all.

@Twikiwi - enjoy the karaoke app - let me know your username and we can sing together!

@MK - I didn't know you were a gleek? Wow something else we can share - yeah!! I have to go watch the Teenage Dream thing. You are awesome at finding all the free TV -dangit I have to learn from you.

Dangrdafne said...

@ TC - still working on the Hawaii trip but your email and the one from Honolulu Girl was soooooo helpful. Really and truly had the best information. I think we are down to picking when to go and/or talking to AAA about the most affordable times to go with their agency :) It will happen in 2011 :) Thank you