d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Hi gals,

I'm in Hong Kong right now and there isn't much Twilight related stuff going on. I can't believe I left Vancouver, where they're filming Breaking Dawn, to come here. I hope that when I return to BC in April that they'll still be in town.

Scarlet by Archer24

I really loved this fanfic. Normally I'm a movie buff and I especially like crime/spy/action thrillers. This was right up my alley.

Plot - Bella is the greatest thief the world's never seen; she is only recognized by her scarlet calling card. Edward is FBI, and has been able to catch every criminal he's come across. Little do they know, they are both about to meet their match.

This story is well written. I think it's actually very difficult to write an action sequence well. But this author managed to describe Bella's stealth jewel thieving tactics in a way that is captivating and easy to follow. There are a lot of action scenes involving thieving and fighting but nothing too gruesome. I absolutely loved watching Bella kick ass.

Spoilers - And of course what would a crime action thriller be without a scene where Edward's in a tux and Bella's dressd to the nines doing the tango together.
In the middle of the story it takes an odd turn. It's enough to make you think - really? This is happening? Does this actually make sense and how is this happening so seamlessly? But if you just go with the flow for a chapter it's fine and the story progression seems to make lots of sense and is very entertaining.

Okay, let me know what you think. If any of you have more crime drama fanfics to recommend I'd love to hear about them. I'm feeling a bit addicted to this genre.

1 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

Wait? What? You are in Hong Kong?? I have missed so much! Yikes!

Hope all is well there and you are enjoying yourself.