d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Do you know who Henry Cavill is? Does his name ring a bell? I'm assuming if you are a true original Twilight fan that you know the answer (or maybe you're just British.)

Let me back up. My heart surgery went as expected - thanks for all your well wishes by the way. God willing that I wasn't going to get out of my parental and professional obligations that easily.
As a result I've been forced to lie in bed for hours while recovering. Thank God my husband managed to set up Netflix USA on my iPad or I would go mad.



I've been blowing through the periodic drama called The Tudors. If you don't know it's a Showtime drama with cutie Jonathan Rhys-Meyers playing Henry VIII. There's a lot of raunchy sex as he goes through his numerous wives and mistresses. Can you believe I first watched this on an airplane?I shudder that there was some old Asian guy behind me also watching people fucking on my TV screen.


I highly doubt Henry VIII looked like this. Yum.

Well in addition to Mr. Rhys-Meyers I've been enjoying watching this guy.

These photos don't do him justice. You need the voice too. See video below.

Henry Cavill - tall, dark, handsome, amazing voice, and striking eyes. Honestly what's not to like?
The montage below is a nice run down of his sex scenes but minus his voice though :(



This sex scene below is one that I like. Sorry the quality is a bit grainy but you'll get the idea.



Okay I totally resisted putting a picture of his naked butt on this post as well out of respect for Mr. TC who actually reads my posts once in a while!

Alright, now that we've established he's hot you might wonder why I post. I don't usually post for something not Twi-related right? Well, his name is very familiar and I couldn't figure out why. (I know you Stephenie Meyer purists are shaking a finger at me now for being so daft.)

Answer: Henry Cavill was Stephenie Meyer first and frankly only choice to play Edward Cullen.


What Stephenie Meyer had in mind - a young Henry Cavill

If you peek at the Stephenie Meyer website archive of whom she would like to cast in her stories you'll realize just how little say the authors get. Of all the actors listed as her preference the only ones who are actually in any of the films are Daniel Cudmore and Graham Greene. She had chosen them as Emmett and Billy respectively; their roles in the films are more minor as Felix and Harry Clearwater.

So can you ever see Edward as anyone other than Rob Pattinson? I can't see Henry Cavill in that role as Robward is too engrained. Lucky for us though Mr. Cavill will again be in tights playing Superman in 2012.

8 comments:

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

I Love The Tudors!!! And yes, Henry is gorgeous! Cannot wait to see him in Superman.

Btw, continue to get better! xoxoxo

Debbie said...

Yes, he's gorgeous, but no, I can't imagine anyone other than Rob as Edward. I do look forward to seeing Henry in other things, though. I can see why SM thought of him, but at this point, I couldn't see him playing young enough to have filmed BD. He's a great actor, but Rob IS Edward. Just sayin'...

Debbie said...

Had to comment again, after watching those videos! I've never seen The Tudors before, but sure want to now! Yes, hearing his voice makes him that much hotter! Guess it's that English accent, one of the thing I love about Rob, too. The second video might have been granier, but having the sound made it a lot better. Those English shows are damned hot, huh?! He is a beautiful man. I usually don't like that short-cropped hair, but on him, wow. Just gorgeous. I'm gonna have to check this show out for sure now!

twilightcupcake said...

HG - I am so glad you agree - can't wait to see you again sometime.

Debbie - I'm glad you appreciated the videos and felt the need to comment twice :) I love how you say "Rob is Edward" - it is indeed a fact that we cannot break! I totally agree about the short cropped hair but in his case it totally works. I definitely didn't like that style on Rob. Maybe bc then he didn't look as Edward-like.

TongueTwied said...

TC, so glad everything went well and you are on the mend!

Sure I can see why SM had Henry in mind. On Twilight Lexicon it shows that she had also suggested Tom Sturridge...him I could not see as Edward. just ironic.

I have never seen the Tudors but I am looking forward to henry as Superman!

Dangrdafne said...

All is right in the world, TC has posted :)

I am glad you are healing and feeling up to posting.

Don't know much about Henry but I am sure we will see Superman (always my Dad's favorite actually).

Rachel said...

Yes, I always picture Henry as Edward, even still! I remember when Stephenie Meyer's list was the only thing on the movie area of her website (Wootwoot for original Twilight fans!) and I desperately wanted Henry to be cast. Robert has grown on me but Henry will always be Edward to me! I watched the Tudors JUST for him and can't wait for Superman!

twilightcupcake said...

@DD - so sorry it's taken me this long to respond. You are too impeccably sweet my friend. I'm hoping that Henry as Superman would do your Dad justice - he should be cute but I still can't get over anyone but Christopher Reeves.

@Rachel - you are definitely an original Meyer fan! I'll try and reread the first book with him in mind but hard to find the Robward!!