d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Before I fell in love with Twilight I was a Pride & Prejudice fan. I've come out of blogging hiatus to tell you about the latest iPad app I like.

Want a good way to introduce Shakespeare or Austen to your little one?



Enter new BabyLit books - available in board book and iPad/iPhone enhanced versions.

I bought the board books first at my local Indigo store and thought it was super cute. It prompted my 8 year old son to spend half an hour asking me about Pride & Prejudice. You know when your child is enraptured by your explanation of why Lizzie won't marry Mr. Collins that this new book has done its job.



The iPad enhanced version is even better. This is a counting book so it's like any other baby iPad book that counts objects except this time they are marriage proposals and ballgowns. Bonuses - you can dress Lizzie in different ballgowns and that the whole first chapter of P&P is narrated at the end for you.

My son has yet to listen to the narrated first chapter of P&P that is on the iPad but it's nice that one day he may stumble upon it.

More titles coming up? Romeo & Juliet is already available but it looks like Jane Eyre and Alice in Wonderland are coming soon.

3 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

That is amazing. I am going to check them out for myself.

I have missed you. Glad to hear your blogging voice again :)

Dangrdafne said...

I am still deciding on TwiTour!

Maggie said...

You had me at "Pride and Prejudice"...but then you sealed it with Romeo and Juliet. I'm off to check these out!!!
Hope you are well...miss you!